Wednesday, January 30, 2013

6 Reasons Why I Love My Life



My family isn't very touchy-feely. We don't really hug, we don't really say  "I love you," but we all are very close nonetheless. In this time of my life, I don't really know what's going to happen next. It's easy to get majorly stressed out, but I try to count my blessings, so that I don't get discouraged, scared, or buried in life. I'd like to take this opportunity to tell my family that they're six of the reasons why, no matter what, I have a wonderful life, because I don't do it often enough. So here goes.
    Joshua Torassa He is my best friend forever. He is smart, funny, handsome, hardworking, thoughtful, caring, patient, talented...I don't know what I'd do without him. He takes care of me when I'm sick, he works hard to support me, he is so much fun to hang out with, he's interesting to talk to, he is a great cook, and he wants all the same things out of life that I do. Last night, as I was lying next to him, a thought popped into my head: Love means having a warm, golden light fill your whole chest; it's a light that can't be anything but the light that fills Heaven. Since most things I think of right before I go to sleep or right after I wake up sound brilliant at the time, and then are totally stupid later, you can take or leave that thought as you wish. But it's hard to explain the love I feel for my husband, and I just wanted to try. Josh, thank you for giving me a reason to love my life.
    Laura Reid--She is my beautiful mother. She has been a good example to me throughout my whole life by being hard working, willing to serve, reliable, patient, and loyal. I get my love of Jane Austin, Britain, books, and musicals from her. She has taught me the importance of travel, shoes, chocolate, cleaning only when procrastinating, and hard work. She exercises ONLY so that she can eat whatever she wants, and she doesn't care what other people think of her. I want to be more like that some day. I am proud to say that I take after her in three very important categories: 1) Lack of domesticity 2) Love of English, and 3) Being a cat person. Mom, thank you for giving me a reason to love my life. 
    Tim Reid--He is my dorky father. He tries too hard to be cool, is a dirty liberal, and likes to talk more than people like to listen. He is brilliant, caring, ridiculous, and a great friend. He is a lot of fun to talk to, and he helps me through my crazies, because he's crazy himself. He always texts me to tell me he loves me and is proud of me, and I always roll my eyes. He's the most sentimental of us all, and gets crucified for it constantly. But it means a lot to me. He is supportive and encouraging, and he always tells me I'm perfect just the way I am. He also does yoga with me. I likewise take after him in three very important categories  1) Love of BYU, OSU, and 49er football, 2) Being the annoying picture-taker at family functions, and 3) Talking too much. Dad, thank you for giving me a reason to love my life. 
    Jordan Reid--He is my handsome brother. He's pensive, smart, nerdy, funny, and awesome. He is the best to talk to about video games, comic books, music, superheroes, Star Wars, and other TV shows and movies, because his tastes are similar to mine, and he has interesting things to say about them. I love his sense of humor, and I love Pizza Fridays and Taco Bell Thursdays. We got to spend a lot of time together when we were both at BYU, going to the mall, eating Chinese food and Cafe Rio, and going to Harry Potter and Hunger Games premiers, and I miss that a lot. I value his opinion and his friendship, and I think he's smart, talented, and fun to hang out with. Plus, he totally looks like Wolverine.  Jordan, thank you for giving me a reason to love my life. 
    Allison Reid--She is my beautiful sister. She's smart, talented, adventurous, caring, and faithful. I'm jealous of her sexy figure, her European travels, her acting skills, and the fact that she's more social than I am, but in a way where I want to be more like her, not where I am bitter about it. We haven't always gotten along, and I hated sharing a room with her (she always got deaf and/or obstinate whenever we had to clean our room), but that's part of having a sister. I love talking to her about boys and girly movies, and I think it's adorable when she tries to be funny. :) I can always trust her recommendations for books to read, and I'm grateful for her example. I'm sorry for all the times we fought (especially over stupid things, like what should count as an answer for Scatergories), but I know she forgives me. Allison, thank you for giving me a reason to love my life. 
    Pippin--He is my adorable little kitten. He is every thing a cat should be: He is loving and cuddly like a dog, without being slobbery and gross, and he's playful, adorable, curious, and loves food as much as I do. I love spending my days with him, and I'm glad for his company, even though it's hard to write when he's sitting on my laptop, or snuggling up on my lap. He is a well-behaved, smart baby, and I feel like he was meant to join our family. Pipster, thank you for giving me a reason to love my life. 

2 comments:

  1. I like it. And thanks... I needed a boost today

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be fair, what is life, if you don't take Scattergories seriously?

    I'm glad you have a supportive family! I've only ever met your mom and Josh, but they're pretty great!

    ReplyDelete