Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Apartments and Employment

I am applying for a job with the state of Oregon this week. I don't know if I'll get it, but I think I'm very qualified. It's a full-time position, so if I do get the job, I won't have as much time to write.

I am very excited about this position, and I hope it works out for me. It will be sad to not have all day to write, but I am very grateful that I've had the last few months to be able to focus all of my attention on my writing. I will still write, always, but I am glad that I had the opportunity to focus all of my attention on it, even if it was just for a short time.

Again, I don't know what will happen though. I am making great headway on my latest project, and after I send in my application, I will go back to focusing on that.

Also, chances are we will be moving into our own place soon. It's an apartment out in South Salem, and it has two bedrooms, so I'll have a home office for awhile, which will be awesome.

It's crazy how everything seems to be coming together. It's a little scary how quickly things might change, but it will be good.

Yay life!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Having a personal workspace would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!

    And I know what you mean. I am moving up to full time next week. I like the job and I really like the more money but less time for writing. Yay for time management!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete