Monday, December 10, 2012

Google

Thanks to the Google home page today, I realize how extremely grateful I am for computers.
I can't even imagine what life was like before we had them, especially for writers.
It's so convenient to have the internet at your fingertips, when you can't think of a name for a character, you don't know what the pointy shoes were called that they wore in the Middle Ages (crackowes, by the way), or you need to find scientific evidence to back up your latest story idea. 
Besides that though, I don't think I would be able to stand writing out everything by hand. Now, you just whip up a Word document and start typing. You can even edit as you go! Considering how many drafts, half-drafts, and minor edits my writing (and also my college papers) have gone through and have yet to go through, I am so glad that I don't have to do any of it by "hand." 
Although, I am starting to lose that callus on the middle finger of my right hand since I graduated (I never stopped taking notes by hand in my classes). That's a little sad, but not sad enough to make me stop using my laptop. 
Thank goodness for computers (I would have hated typewriters too).


1 comment:

  1. my mentor teacher said when he typed papers on typewriters, he was allowed one error per page before he had to scrap it and retype it. I would waste so much paper with that.

    ReplyDelete