Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Random thoughts

Today, I have a lot of random thoughts floating around in my head.


  • First, I heard these exact words from an anchor on Fox News yesterday: “Water boarding? More like Awesome Boarding.” I'm pretty sure he was 100% serious, because he went on to say how everyone, even liberals, would be okay with torture at some time or another, if the circumstance was right. Are you kidding me? Is this some kind of joke? Man, I hate Fox News...
  • Second, I found two amazing recipes yesterday: Peanut butter-chocolate chip banana bread, and then one for fajitas. They were both delicious. I have a very tasty list of recipes that I've started collecting, if I do say so myself. I'll post the links at the bottom of the page, if you're interested. 
  • Third, I'm going to change my Smarts story into the first person perspective. It'll take a lot of work, but there are some good reasons to change it. I think the story will be more powerful from an "I" narrator, and I want to solidify my characters a little better. It will mean taking a break from moving forward with my story and editing what I already have, but I want to change perspective for the 75 or so pages I already have, rather than for an entire, completed novel. That project will start immediately. 
  • Fourth, I want to write a short Christmas story from the perspective of Joseph, the father of Jesus. I finished character sketches for that project yesterday. 
  • Fifth, Jordan and Allison will be home soon, and The Hobbit comes out on Friday!!!
  • Sixth, I had an ANWA Moonwriting meeting today...they are splitting the chapter into three, and I was one of the 7 out of 30 members who was there today. That means I somehow ended up being the president of one of the new chapters, even though I've only been a member of this group for about two months. Yikes! I'm nervous, but I'm grateful for the chance to serve and bulk up my resume!

I think that's all for now. Tomorrow, I'm going to post the lesson I compiled for the ANWA meeting about writing short stories. It's mostly a compilation of other peoples' suggestions, so I can't take credit for the writing, but there is some good advice in there. Stay tuned. 




2 comments:

  1. I love banana bread, so much. it's the best thing you can do with a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A story in the perspective of Joseph is a GREAT idea! I'd be so interested to read that.

    ReplyDelete