Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Where to go next?

I'm currently working on a novel (working title: The Smarts) that I'm very excited about. However, I've reached the end of my detailed outline, and I need to figure out what happens next.

Initially, I went through chapter 7 and made specific bullet points of how I was going to get from one point to another throughout the chapters. I have a bunch of other bullet points that tell me generally where I want to go before the end of the novel, but it's time to think details again.

That will be my project for tomorrow: Make bullet points of how I can get from where I am now to where I want to go. Problem is, I don't know what I want to happen along the way. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

In other news, my first novel is on the back burner until 2013. It's discouraging that the process of becoming an author is taking so long, but that's the nature of the job, I suppose. I need a break from it--it will be more beneficial for me in the long run when I try and submit it to publishers.

1 comment: