Friday, October 26, 2012

Check your blind spot!

This morning, Josh and I woke up early. We headed down to Albany, where we worked all day helping my grandparents move out of their house.

First, We helped clean out the barn: I was attacked my spiders. I really don't like spiders.

Second, we had to work all day packing and/or getting rid of memories, not to mention all of the memories that come just from the structure of the house itself, as well as the extensive yard. Sad.

Third, my blood sugar dropped super low without me even noticing, and I almost passed out.

Fourth, we moved a lot of heavy things into a llama trailer to be transported to storage. Very heavy things.

Fifth, Josh tripped backwards over a bed frame and almost tumbled to his death. We haven't been married quite long enough for me to wish him dead yet!

So, after a long and stressful day of packing/moving/cleaning, it was time to move things to the storage unit. We get to the storage unit in Stayton after dark and unloaded everything. Once that was done, we were all tired and starving and ready to be finished. So we planned to leave.

WRONG!

The gates [apparently] stop working at 8 o'clock pm. We reach the gate at 7:59. We accidentally put in the wrong code. The door gate doesn't open. The minute hand rolls over. We're locked in.

It's very cold out (and misty and damp!) and we're locked inside of the storage unit that we didn't know closed at 8.

Despite all the complaining, none of it was all that bad. The storage unit thing was actually pretty funny. Here is the part where I REALLY complain:

TWICE today, yes, TWICE a car--on the free way--in the other lane tried to switch lanes into the space that out car was already occupying. CHECK YOUR BLIND SPOTS! This isn't the first time this has happened to us either. Seriously? Why is it so hard? Don't put other people's lives in danger. Pay attention. Please, please, please pay attention. I'm not ready to die. I have so much I have to do with my life still!

My biggest fear: Car accidents. Now you know, and you obviously will never drive negligently ever again.



No comments:

Post a Comment