Friday, October 19, 2012

Junk it?

I have a story that I've been working on...maybe since 6th grade? It's changed drastically since then, and I abandoned it until I had a dream about it sometime in college (convincing me that I could make it work), and I have nearly a hundred typed pages of it written so far. 

The problem is, I really like it. It's a fun story, and I like the romance I've created. BUT...I don't know if it's worth saving. I've written it and re-written it so many times, it bares basically no resemblance to the original idea. Instead of writing new stuff, I have to go back and edit old stuff to fit my new story line. I feel like it's a drain on my time, and I don't know if I'll ever get it published. I like it, but will anyone else?

I know it's still good to practice my skills, even if no one will ever see it. But I'm getting tired of fixing it. Should I start from scratch? Should I just give up all together?

So I have to decide: Should I junk it? Or is it worth saving?

No comments:

Post a Comment