Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Support

It's almost impossible for me to do anything without the support of those closest to me.

My husband just brought me a glass of water while I was writing. He kissed me on the forehead, and I told him I was afraid of failure. He asked me if writing is really what I want to do with my life. I said yes. He said, then you have to go for it. Just focus on writing, and not on getting published. Then, you write from the heart, not from the desire to make money or to be a professional. Which do you think writes better stories?

He's going to have to shoulder most of our financial burden alone unless I get a big break. But he is willing to do it so that I can pursue my dreams. I couldn't do it without him.

There are many other people in my life who have done the same sorts of things for me. Life is a team effort. Maybe some people can do it alone, but I know I can't.

Thanks to everyone who has ever supported me or pushed me to do my best. I am where I am today because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment