Monday, October 22, 2012

Mondays...oy.

Last night, after lying in bed for hours without being able to fall asleep, I decided to watch a movie. I picked Finding Neverland. I've always really liked that movie, and last night, I enjoyed it just as much, despite the frustration of being awake at 2 am with no prospects of sleep in view.

I really like how Johnny Depp portrayed JM Berry, and I want to be a girl at heart all throughout my life, imagination alive, just like he was (except he was a boy, and I'm a girl...obviously). I want to do what makes me happy, and imagine away all the troubles that I can possibly imagine away. Life is too short to be bogged down with unnecessary grown-up cares.

My next technique, to trick myself to sleep, was to let my mind wander, discovering my happy place. I was surprised at how nerdy it was, and then I was sad that I care too much about what people to think about me to write down all that is in my imagination, all that is in my happy place.

Maybe one day, I'll get over it.

It didn't work, by the way. I passed a sleepless night (a sleepless weekend, really), and now I'm running on empty. I'm very excited for bedtime, and hopefully I'll feel better (and more productive) tomorrow.

The one thing about being a writer is that it requires an extraordinary amount of self-discipline. Again--oy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment